SBDigital – Vice President, Digital Fundraising
SBDigital is seeking a passionate and entrepreneurial leader to serve as the firm’s first Vice President of Digital Fundraising and play a key role in helping expand the services SBDigital offers to clients.
The Vice President will partner with our leadership to build and grow the firm’s digital fundraising practice. The Vice President will lead the development of compelling proposals and deliver pitches to bring new clients to our firm and ensure current clients receive top-notch services and cutting-edge strategic guidance on their digital fundraising.
The Vice President will be a digital fundraising expert who has led influential email and SMS fundraising programs, brings an excitement for building and marketing their expertise.
The ideal candidate will have a growth mindset, the ability to build and manage a team, a collaborative leadership style, a strong understanding of political campaigns, and a passion for client services and data-driven results.
This is an amazing opportunity for an ambitious and innovative leader to help build and grow a new line of business with the security of an established firm committed to investing in this work.
SBDigital is a full-service digital strategy and advertising ﬁrm. Our clients represent some of the country’s most important progressive organizations and candidates, including Planned Parenthood Action Fund, Natural Resources Defense Council, Governor Phil Murphy, Black Futures Lab, Forward Majority, and North Carolina Democrats.
We are passionate, curious, and innovative. We care about our clients and campaigns. Our team of over 20 staff members across the country come to work with low egos, ready to collaborate, work hard, and have fun. We pride ourselves on a culture where all team members have a voice and feel valued and respected.
The SBDigital team has roots in the political campaign world, with a background in field, data, digital communications, and creative. We provide our clients with the creative edge needed to win and run tough campaigns, and we ensure our clients receive the highest level of service and attention.
We specialize in targeted digital communication and are leaders in developing programs that efficiently engage audiences for electoral objectives (persuasion and mobilization) as well as brand promotion and organizing (supporter acquisition, fundraising, and visibility). Our expertise pairs new and evolving technology with proven messaging tactics, testing, and constant program optimization.
SBDigital is passionate about creating a workplace that promotes and values diversity. It is our responsibility to represent the diversity of the progressive community. We embrace our unique perspectives and allow employees to bring their full selves to work every day.
Key Position Responsibilities
- Partner with agency leadership to build and grow the digital fundraising practice in the firm.
- Lead the development of compelling proposals and deliver pitches to win new business.
- Create and execute clients’ digital fundraising programs and strategies, including setting goals and strategies.
- Develop data-driven programs and revenue projections and evaluate strategies and tactics based on results.
- Oversee the drafting of fundraising content across multiple platforms.
- Provide trusted and strategic counsel to clients.
- Build and manage a team dedicated to planning and executing digital fundraising programs, including two current staff members.
- Lead client strategy and fundraising planning meetings; persuasively present ideas and results.
- Advise clients on best practices, new technologies, and emerging strategies.
- Collaborate with team members to deliver comprehensive, strategic services to clients.
- At least two cycles of managing digital fundraising programs in which you were responsible for the success of a program.
- A keen understanding of political campaign needs and structure.
- Deep knowledge of digital fundraising strategies and tactics and experience developing influential email and SMS fundraising programs.
- Ability and excitement to lead business development opportunities.
- Strong network in the progressive community of candidates, campaigns, and organizations.
- Strategic, analytical, and tactical thinking skills, with a demonstrated capacity to successfully problem solve, plan, and facilitate growth.
- Expertise in cross-channel fundraising efforts, including social media, mobile, and other digital strategies.
- Experience growing, developing, and coaching teams; remote teams a plus.
- Effective and persuasive communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Collaborative and supportive working style.
- Ability to adapt and lead in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment while also navigating ambiguity and change inherent to an ever-changing field.
- Strong background in project management.
- Commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
It would be great if candidates brought experience with new business development, such as proposal writing and pitching or leading RFP processes. However, more important is a willingness to learn and the confidence and excitement to market expertise and utilize networks.
Compensation, Benefits and Location
This position can be located anywhere in the United States. Salary is commensurate with experience.
SBDigital offers generous benefits, including health, dental, and vision benefits with a company contribution, 401K match, unlimited PTO (with company guidance to encourage staff to take time off!) and paid national holidays, 12 weeks of paid parental leave, and a home office stipend. Student loan repayment assistance and an annual company match on charitable giving are also available.
To apply for this position, submit a cover letter and resume online at https://grossmansolutions.applytojob.com/apply. The cover letter should be concise and compelling and outline the specific ways in which you would be a good fit for this position. Only applications submitted through this website will be considered. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
SBDigital is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace. SBDigital does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category under local, state or federal law.