Grossman Solutions is a progressive firm specializing in advocacy and campaigns. Working at the intersection of politics, people, and policy, we help our clients solve their most challenging problems. We bring decades of on-the-ground experience along with the creativity and management expertise needed to help our clients develop and execute winning strategies. Grossman Solutions is a diverse and dynamic team committed to advancing social, racial and economic justice through our work with our clients.
We are looking for a highly-motivated, detail-oriented Associate to staff a mix of campaign and advocacy clients. There is no typical day at Grossman Solutions. The Associate may participate in internal brainstorming sessions, produce detailed written reports and attend a community health fair all in the same day. Flexibility and curiosity are key to success in this position.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a driven individual to grow in their career as part of a nationally respected firm. The Associate will join a team of fun, creative and passionate campaigners who are dedicated to creating a more just and equitable society.
This is a full-time position that can be based in Connecticut, Washington D.C. or New York City. Additional locations may be considered for candidates who meet all desired qualifications.
- Serve as an all-purpose staff member with a range of responsibilities from basic campaign support to attending meetings with national leaders
- Assist in writing and editing plans, proposals, memos, reports, and other client deliverables
- Participate in client meetings and calls, and track action items
- Communicate and coordinate with team members, clients, and vendors
- Complete high-quality projects and deliverables on time
- Represent clients in a professional and ethical manner
- Gain clients' trust and maintain confidentiality
- Supervise and direct the activities of junior staff and interns as needed
- Support research projects
- Perform other duties as assigned
- A minimum of 3-5 years' work experience in electoral or organizing campaigns, advocacy, or government
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with people from diverse backgrounds and with varied life experiences
- Highly detail oriented and excellent organizational skills
- Superb note taking skills and the ability to digest high volumes of information and report back with accuracy
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated work ethic and proven ability to meet deadlines
- A solutions-oriented creative and critical thinker
- A sense of humor
- Dedicated, demonstrated commitment to social, racial and economic justice
- Highly proficient with Google Workspace and Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook. Must be willing to learn and utilize additional technology tools.
It would also be great if you bring:
- Fluency in Spanish or another language
- Familiarity working with VAN or other voter file data
- Experience with digital campaign tools like peer to peer texting and social media campaigns
- Familiarity with digital advertising campaigns
- Experience with vendor management
- Ability to work evening and weekend hours as needed
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
- Employer paid health and vision insurance
- 401K benefits
- FSA Program and employer-paid life and disability insurance
- Flexible time off including vacation days, personal days and holidays
- Opportunities for professional development and a learning-oriented culture that supports growth
To apply for this position, submit a cover letter and resume online at https://grossmansolutions.applytojob.com/apply. The cover letter should be concise and compelling and outline the specific ways in which you would be a good fit for this position. Only applications submitted through this website will be considered. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.