Grossman Solutions – Campaigns Associate
Grossman Solutions is looking for a highly motivated, detail-oriented Campaigns Associate to join our expanding public affairs, political consulting, and executive search firm.
The Campaigns Associate will play a key role in supporting our political, organizing, and advocacy clients. The Campaigns Associate will work on a diverse range of projects and assist the team in writing and research, client and project management, and administrative support.
The ideal candidate is a highly organized self-starter with outstanding interpersonal skills who thrives in a fast-paced work environment. The Campaigns Associate must possess a strong attention to detail, exceptional written and verbal communication skills and enjoy managing projects, solving problems, and working with clients.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a motivated and curious individual to grow in their career, collaborate with colleagues on highly impactful projects and work with some of the country’s most compelling campaigns and organizations.
The Campaigns Associate will join a diverse, fun, and passionate team dedicated to building power and advancing racial, social, and economic justice through our work.
Grossman Solutions works at the intersection of politics, people, and policy, and we pride ourselves on helping leaders lead. Founded in 2007, we bring decades of on-the-ground know-how along with creative management expertise to help our clients build their organizations, develop winning strategies, and powerfully execute their work.
We partner with advocacy groups, non-profit organizations, labor unions, and campaigns to solve their most challenging problems.
Examples of recent work include:
- Designing and executing a strategic statewide campaign to get hard-to-reach communities vaccinated
- Leading a coalition of community organizations and labor unions through a member-led candidate endorsement process in the New York City municipal elections
- Writing and creating digital ads for an independent expenditure to support a state Attorney General win re-election
- Helping a national organization transition from c3 to c4 work, including establishing multiple state PACs and running independent expenditures
Grossman Solutions is a remote workplace with members of our team working and living in Connecticut, Washington, D.C., New York, Minnesota, Colorado, and Puerto Rico. We have an office in Hartford, Connecticut.
- Closely collaborate and coordinate with the Grossman Solutions team to support our clients, anticipate their needs, and ensure deliverables and deadlines are met
- Write and edit project plans, campaign and organizing materials, client proposals, presentations, memos, reports, direct mail and scripts, and other client deliverables
- Assist in client and project management, including facilitating or participating in client meetings and tracking action items
- Lead on logistics, such as scheduling and meeting planning, and other administrative needs of the clients and Grossman Solutions team
- Conduct research to inform project plans and other materials
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Three+ years’ work experience in politics, organizing, or advocacy
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Detailed and solutions-oriented, and highly organized
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Dedicated, demonstrated commitment to racial, social, and economic justice
- Deep curiosity about the world and a strong sense of humor
- Ability to travel and work evening/weekend hours as needed
- Familiarity working with voter file data, digital platforms, graphic design, and marketing tools are a plus
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus
Structure and Location
Grossman Solutions is a remote workplace with staff across the country. Preference will be given to candidates in Washington, D.C., or New York City. We work Eastern time zone hours.
The Campaigns Associate reports directly to the Senior Associate.
Grossman Solutions is committed to practicing salary transparency. The starting salary for this position is $60,000 and the maximum is $75,000, commensurate with experience.
Grossman Solutions provides a generous and competitive benefits package which includes the following:
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance with premiums fully covered for employees and their dependents
- 401K benefits including 3% employer contribution
- Flexible Spending Account program
- Employer-paid life and disability insurance
- $80 monthly cell phone stipend
- Flexible paid time off including vacation, personal days and holidays
- Opportunities for professional development and a learning-oriented culture that supports growth
Grossman Solutions is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace. Grossman Solutions does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category under local, state or federal law.