Battleground New York - Operations Director
Grossman Solutions, working with Battleground NY (BGNY), is hiring an Operations Director to manage the daily operations of the organization. The ideal candidate possesses excellent judgment and thrives in a fast-paced environment. We are looking for a candidate who enjoys creating systems and processes, is highly organized but also creative and flexible, and thrives when supporting team members at all levels.
The Operations Director will report to the Campaign Manager.
The pay range for this position is $6,000 to $8,000, to be set based on qualifications, experience, and location, and benefits include a health insurance stipend.
About Battleground NY
In 2024, New York will be a central battleground in the effort to win back the U.S. House of Representatives. Battleground New York, a new coalition of New York’s leading organizations, unions, and movements, representing hundreds of thousands of people from all walks of life, has come together to flip the house and take back the majority.
Battleground New York, led by the Working Families Party, Planned Parenthood Empire States Acts, 1199SEIU United Healthcare Workers East, Communications Workers of the America District 1, Indivisible, and other organizations, will be the largest field and organizing campaign in modern New York history.
- Work with the campaign manager and colleagues, with an eye toward sharp execution and excellence in operations, to help Battleground NY succeed in 2024.
- Establish and maintain all necessary personnel policies, technology, security, and office infrastructure
- Manage all human resources functions, including processing employee payroll and benefits, and handling personnel and performance issues with the appropriate supervisor
- Assist BGNY campaign staff and Grossman Solutions with talent recruitment (screening, hiring, conducting background checks, on/offboarding). The campaign will employ a robust team including canvass supervisors, canvassers, community organizers, operations support, data support, and quality control officers
- Ensure that equity, diversity, and inclusion is at the center of all campaign activities, including recruitment and management practices
- Scout and set up campaign field offices
- Equip staff with the gear, technology, and other office equipment needed to execute a grassroots campaign
- Manage campaign budget and financial reporting in collaboration with the Campaign Manager, the Grossman Solutions Operations Director, accountant and bookkeeper
- Prepare financial reports as requested
- Process all invoices, billing, and payments with support from the Grossman Solutions Operations Director
- Serve as a liaison and manage all vendor and service provider contracts
- Ensure compliance with all state and local laws
- Other responsibilities as needed
- 5+ years’ experience in operations or human resources roles, preferably in a campaign environment or a similar fast-paced setting such as the restaurant industry
- Demonstrated ability to build and foster equitable and inclusive environments
- Proven track record of building trust and supporting diverse staff across multiple locations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and work evenings and weekends as needed
- Strategic, analytical and tactical thinking skills, with a demonstrated capacity to successfully plan and problem solve
- Strong leadership qualities
- Superb interpersonal skills
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, discretion, and tact in complex and sensitive HR situations
- High level of professional integrity, positive demeanor, and a sense of humor
- Deeply organized and attentive to details
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Google Workspace (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Gmail, Drive)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The Operations Director will be subject to a background check
- Experience in New York is a plus
This position can be remote, though New York residency is preferred, and may require some travel within the state.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Grossman Solutions is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace. Grossman Solutions does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected category under local, state or federal law.