Personal PAC - President and CEO
- Chicago, IL
- Full Time
- Senior Executive
Personal PAC is seeking a fearless and visionary President to lead the organization in its urgent fight to protect reproductive rights in Illinois. The new President will have a singular opportunity to build on the exceptional legacy that Personal PAC has forged, working tirelessly to ensure that every woman in Illinois has equal access to safe and affordable reproductive healthcare, including contraception and abortion, without government interference or restrictions.
Since 1989, Personal PAC has led the way in protecting reproductive rights and ensuring a safe haven for women seeking abortions in Illinois. Personal PAC has been the unparalleled state model for protecting and expanding freedom of choice by recruiting, endorsing, and supporting pro-choice candidates and holding them accountable when they take office.
Today, Personal PAC’s work is more important than ever: the new President will take the helm of Personal PAC as Illinois and the nation face unprecedented challenges to reproductive freedom. The Supreme Court has signaled its intent to dismantle the protections offered by it is clear going forward that we must depend on our state and local elected officials to protect reproductive rights.
The new President will spearhead efforts to ensure that Illinois remains a leader in safeguarding women’s reproductive health and Personal PAC remains at the forefront of the fight to protect and defend reproductive freedom. The President will serve as an astute political strategist, a prolific fundraiser, a tireless campaigner, an inspiring and bold leader, and a passionate defender of a woman’s right to choose.
As the organization’s second-ever President, the new leader will have an incredible opportunity to work alongside the organization’s founders and chart the next chapter of Personal PAC, guiding and leading the organization as it adapts and grows to meet the moment as a fierce protector of reproductive rights.
ABOUT PERSONAL PAC
Personal PAC is a nonpartisan political action committee dedicated to protecting and advancing reproductive rights for all women by recruiting, electing, and holding accountable pro-choice candidates to state and local office in Illinois.
For decades, Illinois had some of the most restrictive, anti-women, and cruel abortion restrictions in the United States. In 1989, Personal PAC was founded to reverse that tide. With the help of citizens across the state, it has been incredibly successful.
Personal PAC is a fierce advocate for elected officials dedicated to protecting women’s health and reproductive rights. It is the only statewide political action committee dedicated solely to protecting freedom of choice. It endorses pro-choice candidates and supports them with all the necessary tools needed to win on election day and to hold them accountable every day they serve in office.
In the past thirty years, Personal PAC has helped pass 9 pro-choice bills, defeat 11 anti-choice bills and elect over 500 candidates.
In the 2020 election cycle, Personal PAC raised nearly $5 million dollars to carry out its mission of electing pro-choice candidates and to bring Illinois closer to being a 100% pro-choice state.
Personal PAC believes that reproductive rights are fundamental human rights. Reproductive freedom is vital to a woman’s ability to reach her potential and participate equally in society. Every woman has the absolute right to make her own decisions about her body, without government, spousal, parental or religious interference and without regard to her financial circumstances. Decisions regarding reproductive rights are medical, not political, decisions.
The next President of Personal PAC will lead and guide the organization into its next chapter, building on the incredible success of the past 30 years. At this perilous moment for reproductive freedom, the President will lead a sleek and nimble organization with a laser focus on marshalling its resources to advocate for and elect pro-choice candidates.
As a fearless fundraiser and a political risk taker, the President will ensure that Personal PAC has the resources and strategy to maintain pro-choice majorities in state government.
The President will be responsible for carrying out Personal PAC’s consistent achievement of its mission, strategic vision and financial objectives.
The President will bring substantial experience developing partnerships and connections with funders and work closely with the Board to nurture longstanding donor relationships and cultivate new funding sources.
Reporting to an active and vibrant Board of Directors, the President will closely collaborate with a small staff and hold overall strategic and operational responsibility for Personal PAC’s endorsements, campaigns, legislative efforts, growth, and sustainability.
The ideal candidate will be an exceptional political strategist and a dynamic leader with a proven track record of successful fundraising, a demonstrated
Vision and Leadership
- Lead Personal PAC’s fundraising and initiatives
- Develop and expand trusted relationships with current and potential funders
- Inspire confidence in Personal PAC’s work and continue to engage a network of committed supporters
- Develop and implement a strategy to diversify funding sources by building new relationships and creating engagement opportunities with potential funders
The next President of Personal PAC will be:
- Deeply committed to protecting and advancing reproductive freedom
- A powerful and brilliant political strategis
- A fearless campaigner and risk-taking organizer
- A relentless and effective fundraiser with a history of securing large contributions and building meaningful relationships with donors
- An inspiring leader who can develop Personal PAC’s vision and strategy and organize people around that vision and strategy
- Unafraid to hold politicians accountable and go toe-to-toe with legislators
- A self-starter who takes initiative and a hands-on approach
- An inspiring communicator, comfortable in front of a variety of audiences
CANDIDATE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Personal PAC recognizes that the next President could bring a wide variety of experiences and backgrounds to the role. We are seeking candidates with a compelling leadership background and who will bring a majority of the following to the role:
- Political savvy and judgment
- A genuine excitement for fundraising, and a track record of success raising money and building successful relationships with funders
- Meaningful experience in leading teams, programs or organizations with a proven track record of setting, supporting, and achieving impactful goals
- A solid understanding of electoral and legislative politics; knowledge of Illinois a plus
- Ability to work with and support an engaged Board of Directors
- Experience developing successful strategies for winning public policy victories
- Superb interpersonal skills, with an impressive history of forging strong relationships with stakeholders and allies
- Staff management expertise with a talent for empowering and supporting staff
- Excellent public speaking skills
- Ability to navigate high-level politics around an issue with levels of nuance
- Outstanding communications skills, both written and verbal
- A commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion
- Sense of humor
Personal PAC offers a generous compensation and benefits package.
Personal PAC’s office is in Chicago, Illinois. The President should expect to travel throughout the state, especially to Springfield.
Personal PAC is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace. Personal PAC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected category under local, state or federal law.
Personal PAC is partnering with Grossman Solutions in this search. To make recommendations or express interest in this opportunity, please email email@example.com.
Submit a resume and cover letter at https://grossmansolutions.applytojob.com/apply. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.