Democratic Attorneys General Association (DAGA) - Director of Business Council Partnerships
The Democratic Attorneys General Association (DAGA) is the only committee solely dedicated to electing and supporting Democratic state Attorneys General.
Democratic Attorneys General play a critical role in protecting civil rights, promoting progress and diversity, fighting corruption, and ensuring the law is applied fairly to all.
As a committee, DAGA provides political and policy support to Democratic AGs and candidates, building the platform to highlight their successes and to extend their reach as they work to serve as the People’s Lawyers.
Since its creation in 2002, DAGA has grown significantly. Today, DAGA is a record-breaking committee with a passionate team of over 40 staff. In the 2022 midterms, DAGA raised $25.5 million and flipped two key AG offices.
Democratic AGs currently hold 24 seats and represent the most diverse coalition of Democratic AGs in history.
Democratic AGs are among the most effective champions at keeping our communities safe, defending our rights, and holding bad actors accountable. From public safety and workers’ rights to climate action and election defense, Democratic AGs are front and center in the current political and policy landscape.
DAGA is seeking a strategic, innovative Director of Business Council Partnerships to manage and enhance its corporate giving program by developing effective benefits and unique engagement opportunities that appeal to corporate donors and law firms.
The DAGA Business Council Partnership Program is a forum that maintains an ongoing dialogue between Democratic Attorneys General, partners, thought leaders, and policy experts around the complex issues that are being faced in states. DAGA facilitates conversations with AGs through conferences, partner panels, social events, and working groups.
The Director will cultivate and manage the organization’s corporate giving program across its 527, 501(c)3 and 501(c)4 fundraising efforts to meet DAGA’s five-year strategic plan and ensure the organization has the critical resources for the 2024 and 2026 election cycles.
This role will report to the Development Director and work closely with the committee’s executive leadership to leverage relationships and facilitate donor engagement opportunities.
The ideal candidate is an accomplished fundraiser who deeply understands the corporate giving landscape, can build strong relationships with current and prospective donors, and create benefits and engagements that appeal to donors’ interests.
This is an incredible opportunity to play a leadership role in an ambitious, growing organization that helps elect Democratic AGs who protect our fundamental rights and builds a pipeline of talented leaders for years to come.
- Manage and enhance the Business Council Partnerships program, including the development and implementation of innovative partner benefits that appeal to corporate donors and law firms
- Collaborate with the Development team to develop and implement a comprehensive, multi-year strategy for fundraising goals and plans for the 2024-2026 election cycles
- Understand the interests of Business Council partners and ensure these are communicated across the committee
- Facilitate engagement opportunities with Attorneys General and DAGA executive leadership to establish or strengthen relationships with donors
- Work in partnership with the events team to produce engaging conferences and events, ensuring quality programming and exceptional experiences for Business Council partners
- Represent DAGA at public meetings and events, raising the profile and visibility of DAGA and its priorities among funders, partners, and policymakers
- Collaborate with staff to provide compelling content for fundraising materials
- Manage ongoing prospect research to identify new Business Council partners
- Supervise the Development Associate for Business Council Partnerships
Key Attributes & Qualifications
- 8+ years’ experience in political fundraising, including several years in a leadership role
- Demonstrated success in direct solicitation securing corporate or major gifts and growing and managing a robust fundraising portfolio
- Solid understanding of the corporate giving landscape and donors’ interests
- Strong donor relationship management skills and an understanding of key stakeholders in Democratic politics
- A strong command of fundraising best practices; demonstrated success building processes and donor management systems to track and steward funders
- Superb interpersonal skills, with an impressive history of forging strong relationships with stakeholders
- Persuasive communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to successfully tailor messaging for different audiences
- Sound judgment, trustworthiness, and the ability to manage confidential information
- Results-oriented with a proven ability to perform well under pressure
- Excellent project management skills with a strong eye for detail
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience working in development for a 501 c(3), 501 c(4) or 527 preferred
- Fundraising events production and management a plus
- Sense of humor and positive attitude
- Commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion, and the overall mission of DAGA
Structure and Location
This full-time role is based in Washington, DC, or the surrounding area. DAGA offices are in downtown DC with three days a week required in the office, two days a week work from home.
Compensation and Benefits
The compensation for this role is $140,000-$150,000 based on experience.
To apply for this position, submit a cover letter and resume online at https://grossmansolutions.applytojob.com/apply. The cover letter should be concise and compelling and outline the specific ways in which you would be a good fit for this position. Only applications submitted through this website will be considered. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.